Sunday, August 9, 2009

A New Mexico Day



The annual Wild West Antique Show is this weekend. We went yesterday.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of most of what is sold there -- spurs, saddles and other cowboy and Indian stuff. The old jewelry is nice, but far more than I want to pay for jewelry. I used to pick up old trade beads there, but I have lots of those now and since I haven't beaded in ages it would be silly to buy more. I do still enjoy seeing the old Native American beaded moccasins and clothing though. There are lots of other things that I enjoy looking at from a historical perspective, but I wouldn't really want to own. Every few years I find that odd thing that doesn't really belong at such a show and it appeals to me and I buy it, but not this year.

This year I bought one thing - lunch. I don't know if it was because I was hungry, but it seemed to be the BEST Navajo taco that I have ever had. No meat and green chili rather than the traditional red.



Yeah, Britton talked me into getting onto a huge bull. It was fun, so I am not complaining. Getting on isn't so hard, but for some reason it took quite a lot of explaining for me to figure out how to get back down. What? Swing my right leg backwards? It sounded impossible, but I somehow managed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see this big bull..great fun..



___________________
Andrew
We do your Marketing for best sales